Neuro-Affective Relational Model training
The NeuroAffective Relational Model (NARM™)is an advanced clinical training for mental health and somatic practitioners who work with developmental trauma. NARM addresses relational and attachment trauma by working with early, unconscious patterns of disconnection that deeply affect our identity, emotions, physiology, behavior and relationships. Integrating a psychodynamic and body centered approach, NARM offers a comprehensive theoretical and clinical model for working with developmental trauma.
NARM draws on psychodynamic models such as attachment and object relations theory, and somatic and character structure approaches, in addressing the link between psychological issues and the body. Working relationally in the present moment, and within a context of interpersonal neurobiology, NARM offers a new approach of working relationally that is a resource-oriented, non-regressive, non-cathartic, and ultimately non-pathologizing model.
Grounded in what NARM calls somatic mindfulness, NARM is influenced by a non-western orientation to the nature of the identity. Learning how to work simultaneously with these diverse elements represents a radical shift that has profound clinical implications for healing complex trauma and supporting personal and relational growth.
In the NARM Practitioner Training you will learn:
- The different skills needed to work with developmental versus shock trauma; when and why shock trauma interventions may be contraindicated in working with developmental trauma.
- How to address the complex interplay between nervous system dysregulation and identity distortions, such as toxic shame and guilt, low self-esteem, chronic self-judgment, and other psychobiological symptoms.
- How to work moment-by-moment with early adaptive survival styles that, while once life-saving, distort clients’ current life experience.
- When to work ‘bottom-up’, when to work ‘top-down’, and how to work with both simultaneously to meet the special challenges of developmental trauma.
- How to support clients with a mindful and progressive process of disidentification from identity distortions.
- A new, coherent theory for working with affect and emotions, which aims to support their psychobiological completion.
The NARM Practitioner Training consists of 120 contact hours divided into 4 live modules. The 4 live modules will be held for a total of 20 days and are spread a few months apart, to allow time for continued study, practice, peer meetings, in support of greater integration of the NARM clinical approach.
Supplementary learning opportunities include: individual and group consultation, individual NARM sessions, and other learning intensives if you become a member of the international Inner Circle.
For more information about the Introductory workshop click here.
For more information about the NARM-Method, click here.
Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Bodypsychotherapists, Traumatherapists (SE and others), Healthcare Professionals, Coaches grounded in psychodynamic and psychological understanding with a at least 2 years in practice.
Dates new NARM training 2022-2023
module 1 July 9 – 13, 2022
module 2 December 4-8, 2022
module 3 March 19-23, 2023
module 4 July 5-9, 2023
The main language of this course is english. Some practice groups will be accompanied by dutch speaking assistants
Day 1-4: 10.00-13.00 and 15.00-18.00
Last Day: 10.00-13.00 and 14.30-17.00
The trainingcosts for 2022-2023 are €3.500,- if you apply and pay for all 4 modules at once or €1.810,- if you apply and pay for 2 modules.
Each year 5 individual sessions and 5 super vision sessions are compulsory
There are obliged costs for arrangements for coffee, tea, water, goodies, rent plenair room and lunch per module of 5 days.
These obliged costs for the accommodation are appr. €200,- per 5-day module (Price of 2020).
If you want to stay overnight and have dinner in de Poort, all inclusive costs for a single room with own shower/toilet are appr. €610,- per module. (Price of 2020)
For more information about Michael click here.
Conference center De Poort in Groesbeek (near Nijmegen).
Yes, I want to register for the NARM training 2022-2023 with Michael Mokrus.
Please fill in this Registrationform NARM 2022-2023 and send it with your certificates and photo to email@example.com