NeuroAffective Relational Model - 2 days | Introductory workshop
The NeuroAffective Relational Model for Healing Developmental Trauma
This workshop provides an overview of developmental trauma from the perspective of the NeuroAffective Relational Model (NARM) and introduces participants to the basic concepts of NARM’s theoretical and clinical approach.
NARM combines psychodynamic and somatic approaches to the treatment of developmental trauma. With an inherent understanding of the functional unity of biological and psychological development inherent in both concept and methodology, NARM works with early patterns of attachment loss that deeply influence our identity, our emotions, our physiology, our relationships, and our behavior. The approach is resource-oriented, non-regressive, non-cathartic and non-pathologizing. Working simultaneously with these different aspects on both the physical and psychological levels of being human is a significant expansion of perspectives for working with both relational and attachment traumas.
- The reciprocal relationship between nervous system dysregulation and identity distortion
- The five basic biological needs and their developmental psychological significance
- The function of adaptive survival strategies in regard to unmet basic needs
- The five adaptive survival strategies in NARM, their corresponding identity distortions and how they influence adult life
- Working in present time, the significance of dual awareness and somatic mindfulness
- The implicit intention of emotions and their psychobiological completion
- The four pillars of process work
- The NARM healing cycle and integration top-down and bottom-up
- Orientation: the 2-year NARM training course
The methodology includes presentations, practical exercises in small groups, self-awareness, demo sessions, questions and answers, discussion.
The workshop was an excellent introduction to NARM. In the days after the workshop I noticed that I approach my sessions with clients slightly differently. It feels like I have gained more ground in how I work and want to work. It tastes like more!
Fascinating introduction to a useful addition to the SE methodologies to gain more insight into personality characteristics and thus be able to choose more clearly which "approach" can be supportive or not for the client. Skilled and experienced teacher, who, together with the assistant team, provides a pleasant and safe setting. Recommended!
The NARM introduction weekend made me experience that NARM is a combination of psychotherapeutic and body-oriented work. Experiencing it is very different from reading about it. Michael Mokrus has integrated NARM into himself it seems, and it was a great workshop weekend, indispensable for me.
LocatieDe Poort, Groesbeek
Our students are:
Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Bodypsychotherapists, Traumatherapists (SE and others), Healthcare Professionals, Coaches grounded in psychodynamic and psychological understanding with a at least 2 years in practice.
November 5 and 6 2023
10:00 – 18:00 uur
|NARM Introductory workshop (2 days)||Price:
lunch & coffee/tea (2 days)
|Dinner + overnight stay||€85,-|
Costs are based on previous prices, and can change.