Shame and Guilt | Follow up
— why it’s important to feel it and how to work with it —
A neuro-affective developmental training
The focus of this training is to get a deeper understanding of the evolutionary and developmental dynamics of shame and guilt, and how to integrate these feelings in our adult personality. Based on research in developmental psychology, we will explore how these feelings emerge in childhood, the important function they have, what to do if they are overwhelming, and what to do if they are not sufficiently developed. Working hours will alternate between theory, questions, discussion, interpersonal and individual exercises and debriefings. There will be at least one demonstration session during the training.
There will be plenty of opportunity for supervision questions and to come to an realistic intervention plan for your clients.
Theoretical presentations will include:
- The primary competing theories of shame and guilt
- The activation patterns of these feelings in a basic stress and trauma circuit in the brain
- The importance of shame and guilt in socializing children and adults
- The developmental competences needed to be able to experience and resolve shame and guilt
- The personal and interpersonal processes that can release shame and guilt
- How guilt and shame, when adequately integrated in the personality, is essential to moral and ethical development and behavior
Exercises will include:
- Somatic and interpersonal tasks and exercises that unfold the theoretical points and reduce or integrate shame and guilt
- Meditative exercises that can reduce shame
- Time for supervision questions
– someone who allready joined the NADP training of Marianne Bentzen.
March 7- 10, 2024
Day 1-3: 10.00 – 13.00 and 15.00 – 18.00
Day 4: 9.00 – 13.00 and 14.00-15.00
|Shame and guilt
|Plenair room, lunch & koffie/thee||Price:
|Dinner & overnight stay (price per night)||Shared room:
|Private room (on availability):
€95,25 p.p.p.n. incl. breakfast*€38,65 p.p.p.d. dinner incl. 2 drinks*
*Costs are based on prices 2023, and are subject to change.